Twisted paper ornaments are a great homemade gift idea. You can create the perfect ornament to match any decor style.
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx on behalf of JoAnn.
This holiday season will look different, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate. I have always been a fan of handmade gifts, and the twisted holiday ornaments are a fun and easy handmade gift idea. Create some to help spread some joy!
I got right to work creating, and here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Assorted paper (scrapbook paper works well)
- Hot glue gun/glue gun sticks
- Spray bottle with water
- Assorted plastic ornaments
- Cut your paper/cardstock into 1″ strips (I drew pencil lines on the paper).
- Using your spray bottle, slightly dampen your strips of paper, one at a time.
- While the paper is soft and slightly damp, begin to fold and twist each strip. (Be careful not to twist too tight, you don’t want to rip or tear the strips.)
- Once your strips are twisted, begin by hot gluing a twist to the top of the ornament. Work your way around gluing the twists on the ornament as tight as you can. You want to keep them close and tight, so you don’t see the ornament between.
- Mix and match colors and patterns to create your own unique design.
- Once the ornament has been covered, add some ribbon or string to hang.
And that’s it! You have a custom ornament perfect for gift-giving or hanging on your own tree.
JoAnn make crafting easy, and is your one-stop shop for project supplies. They have more than 800 stores across the US and also offer the convenience of online shopping as well.
Go create something!